What is cefradine?
Cefradine is a group of drugs called cephalosporins (SEF low spore) antibiotics. Cefradine fights bacteria in the body.
Cefradine is used to treat infections caused by bacteria, including upper respiratory tract infection, ear infection, skin infection and urinary tract infection.In addition to cefradine tablets, we also havecefradine for injection.
What is the most important information I should know about cefradine?
If you are allergic to cefradine or similar antibiotics (such as cefradine, cefzil, Keflex, Omnicef, etc.), do not use this drug.
Before using cefradine, tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs (especially penicillin), or if you have a history of kidney disease, diabetes or intestinal problems.
Take this medicine for the whole time prescribed by the doctor. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely treated. Cefradine is usually given for up to 3 days after laboratory tests show that the infection has been cleared. Very serious infections may require treatment for several weeks. Cefradine will not treat viral infections, such as the common cold or flu.
The main ingredients of this product are: Cefradine. Its chemical name is: (6R, 7R)-7[(R)-2- amino -2- (1,4-cyclohexenyl) acetamido ]-3- methyl -8- oxo -5- thio -1- azabicyclo [4.2.0] octan-2.
The molecular formula: C16H19N3O4S.
Molecular weight: 349.40.
This product is a film-coated tablet, which appears white or yellowish after the coating is removed.
It is suitable for acute pharyngitis, tonsillitis, otitis media, bronchitis, pneumonia and other respiratory tract infections, genitourinary tract infections, skin and soft tissue infections caused by sensitive bacteria. This product is an oral preparation and should not be used for serious infections.
Oral dosage for adults: 0.25～0.5g once every 6 hours, and it can be increased to 1g once for those with severe infection, but the total daily dose should not exceed 4g.
Commonly used dosage for children: 6.25 ~ 12.5 mg/kg according to body weight, once every 6 hours.
As a generic drug supplier in China, Feiyue Pharmaceutical can provide finished drugs such as Cefradine Tablets
FEIYUE recruits agents worldwide, we can provide complete registration documents.
Adverse reactions of this product are mild, with a low incidence of about 6%. Gastrointestinal reactions such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and epigastric discomfort are common. The incidence of drug eruption is about 1% ~ 3%. Pseudomembranous enteritis, eosinophilia, positive reaction of direct Coombs test, peripheral leukopenia and neutropenia, dizziness, chest tightness, candidal vaginitis, and allergic reaction are found in individual patients. A few patients may have transient blood urea.
People who are allergic to cephalosporins and those who have a history of allergic shock or immediate reaction to penicillin are forbidden to use this product.
matters need attention
1. Before using this product, patients should be asked in detail about their allergic history to cephalosporins, penicillins and other drugs .For example，thecefixime tabletsandprocaine penicillin for injection.Those with allergic shock of penicillins should not use this product. When using this product, other patients should pay attention to the possibility of cross-allergic reaction between cephalosporins and penicillins, which is about 5% ~ 7%. It should be used with caution under close observation. In case of allergic reaction, stop using the drug immediately. In case of anaphylactic shock, it should be rescued immediately on the spot, including keeping airway unobstructed, taking oxygen and adrenal gland.
2. This product is mainly discharged through the kidney. If the renal function declines, the dosage should be reduced or the dosing interval should be prolonged.
3. False positive reaction may occur when urine sugar is measured by copper sulfate method in patients applying this product.
(1) Cephalosporium can delay the excretion of phenytoin sodium in renal tubules.
(2) The combination of phenylbutazone and cephalosporin antibiotics can increase nephrotoxicity.
(3) Combined with strong diuretics, it can increase nephrotoxicity.
(4) Combined with methicillin, it has synergistic effect on gram-negative bacilli such as Escherichia coli and Salmonella.
(5) Probenecid can delay renal excretion of this product.
Cefradine side effects
If you have any signs of allergic reaction, please seek emergency medical help: urticaria; Dyspnea; Swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat.
If you have any of these serious side effects, please call your doctor immediately:
Or watery diarrhea;
Fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms;
Pale or yellow skin, dark urine, fever, confusion or weakness;
Jaundice (yellowing of skin or eyes);
Rash, bruising, severe tingling, numbness, pain and muscle weakness;
Fever, sore throat and headache, accompanied by severe blisters, peeling and red rash; or
Increased thirst, loss of appetite, swelling, weight gain, feeling shortness of breath, urination less than usual or no at all.
Less serious side effects may include:
Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, mild diarrhea;
Stiffness or tightness of muscles;
Feeling restless or hyperactive;
Unusual or unpleasant taste in the mouth;
Mild itching or rash; or
Itching or discharge of vagina.